About Me

My photo
Jaclyn M. Hawkes grew up in Utah with 6 sisters, 4 brothers and any number of pets. (It was never boring!) She got a bachelor’s degree, had a career and traveled extensively before settling down to her life’s work of being the mother of four magnificent and sometimes challenging children. She loves shellfish, the out of doors, the youth and hearing her children laugh. She and her fine husband, their family, and their sometimes very large pets, now live in a mountain valley in northern Utah, where it smells like heaven and kids still move sprinkler pipe.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Living here in the Emerald Isle

We've gone way past monsoon here in Oakley. It's been raining for more than a week off and on and I am LOVING IT! We're talking the coolest thunderstorms ever! Yeah, it's looking a lot like Ireland out there. I think we'll be green here right up until we're buried in snow -which may be soon. Thousand Peaks got it last night.
Don't worry, I just gather all my little chickens under my wings by the fire and... Well, I mean after football practice and soccer and achievement day activities and, oh, are there any hunts going on? Oh, that's right. I was wondering what had happened to all the men I love. They can hunt all they want. Predation is a guy thing. Us feminine chickens are going to sit by the fire and listen to the thunder. Maybe read a good book! Hope you all have a great thunderstorm to fall asleep to. Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment